Wednesday, May 7, 2008

just an update

so it's been a while since I wrote more that my tag post. It's now finals week and I am just a little stressed about them. It will be alright come tomorrow at noon I will be done.
So now for an update. I said in my tagged post that I was recently in the ICU. Yeah so here's the story. i got the so called stomach flu and decided that it would be fun to stay home for like 4 days and puke my guts out( what goes in must come out). I wasn't eating. I just laid on our couch and ran to the bathroom I know i know you really wanted to know that. I didn't have the energy to make it to my bedroom to sleep so i was sleeping on the couch too. the last thing I ate was on Wed. of that week. So on Sunday night well afternoon, my roommates decided that I wasn't doing so hot and took me into the ER. Well come to find out my blood sugars were way over 600 ( Note to self that's not good) and so they admitted me into the ICU and there I stayed to get all my sodium, and my sugars and such down to a normal human amount. So there are many things that I learned from this little "Vacation" from school I learned. 1. I should still test my blood sugar even if I am not eating.
2. roommates are great. If they hadn't been smart enough to take me in when they did who knows what would have happened. THANKS GUYS!! and don't worry I won't do that again.
3. playing catch up at school after being gone and not in class for a week sucks, especially close to finals. I went back to classes with 2 weeks left in the semester. that was fun.
I am also grateful for a job that is really working with me to get me back on track. see I was in up training for my job and missed a week so now I am in a "new Hire" class for 7 weeks to catch up ( full time hours at 13/hour = money for school in the fall)
4. I am doing much better now and my health is continuing in the right direction. I feel much better. thanks for all the prayers, cards, flowers etc it helped!

Okay now on to another subject
I am almost done with school!!!! not just the fact that I have one more final ( tomorrow) I am almost done with school forever. I plan on student teaching in FALL 2009!!!! I have 44 credits left including the 14 that student teaching is (everyone be excited) I know I am. this also means no more call center job for katie in like a year and a half!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
that's all folks. (well for now. )

5 comments:

C.B. said...

What a blessed day that will be when you dont have to do a phone job anymore!

Fonzareli said...

I am TOTALLY doing a jig for you in my computer chair. Try not to picture it. It's kinda scary:)

thePatrick said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
thePatrick said...

Hooray for finals!!! Oh, and that student teaching gig should be rad...and I didn't mean to remove my last comment...sorry.

Ginger said...

Yeah for Katie!! So, keep us "posted" on the student-teaching thing...like location, grade, experiences, etc. And a funny for ya: McKenzie had a student teacher in her kindergarten class this last quarter and on the last day wanted to give Ms. Ekle something. So I bought a little snow-globe that said "Best teacher" and on the way to school, McKenzie dropped it and broke the globe AND GAVE IT TO HER TEACHER ANYWAY! :0