Saturday, November 1, 2008

good to @*!$* in about a minute



I was having a great day. I went to work the calls weren't bad today. I got off work and was headed to campus. I have a lot to do this weekend and I wanted to be ahead of the game for this next week in my classes. I ran and got all my homework, my snacks you know the necessities while studying and such. I found myself I nice quiet place at the Rendezvous center and got to work. I created a worksheet for my students to do for Monday. I even had a key. I then started to work on my lesson plans for the rest of the week. I decided that I needed to go print the stuff off so i started the process of shutting down my computer. I took my thumb drive out (safely of course). then i realized I still needed it for another thing before I started printing. I put it back in. I has named this so called drive "katie" i thought that it was a good name :)
anyway when i had put it back into my computer, every single assignment turned in or not was deleted from my thumb drive.... my whole semester, gone in a matter of seconds. i felt sick. like going to throw up on my computer sick. I should have just waited to print at home or something or just stayed in bed.

Okay so here is the happy part of the story. I have submitted some assignments online to my professors, I can go in and get those back and put them on my computer but anything that I haven't is still gone. so now my to - do this weekend list just got doubled so that I can redo everything. so much for being caught up right?

2 comments:

Fonzareli said...

:( That is so sad. I'm sorry Katie!!

C.B. said...

piece of poo!!! Im sorry