Friday, December 19, 2008

Merry Christmas and I am Done

First things first. Merry Christmas. It finally feels likes Christmas. It finally snowed and stayed. My Christmas shopping is mostly done, just a few more things to get.
School for the semester is over. I am waiting for two more grades to post and so far the ones that are posted are exactly what I was expecting to get. My last day in the fourth grade classroom was fun. All the students made us cards and we gave them a little treat bag. Our teacher gave us this willow tree the angel of learning:

It was so nice. I will miss them. It was a great experience. I learned a lot.
now on to work. I really do like my new job, It's easy and the people I work with. the Professors are nice to work with too. the only bad/good part depending on how you look at it, is that fact that I won't work all of Christmas break from school. More time with the family I guess :)
We sent my roommate home to New York, but we had a rushed morning to get there. She was just going to meet the shuttle to Salt Lake from Pocatello. it leaves at 330 in the morning ( ugh). but on to my story. About 305 I finally went to check on her to see if she needed any help or if she was ready to leave. Well she opens the door and says... any guesses.... I fell asleep and haven't finished packing. so between the three of us packed her for three weeks in New York in like 15 minutes and made the shuttle too.
So the funny thing about this story is that fact that I had a dream that she hadn't finished packing that night too think that scene in Home Alone that they are running to make their plane, I had that in my head that morning while we were packing and driving to meet the shuttle. We had gone to bed before she had and so her plan was to stay up until three pack and shower and such but had laid down for a minute or two. let's just say yesterday was long and busy but all turned out well.

Hope you have a Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!! and that Santa comes to visit you.

No comments: