Sunday, January 2, 2011

A Year in Review

Yeah I Know it's been about a year so I thought now is a good time to try to be better at blogging. I am not promising anything but we will see.
2010 was a good year so I thought maybe I would recap some of the things that happened during the last year.
******Warning******************** this is a year worth of posting in one post so be prepared it's long**********************************************************************
January
I started student teaching in January. I was placed in a fifth grade classroom. 28 high energy students. I had a great experience. Many Challenging and stressful days. I learned a lot. More about myself and about how I want to be the best teacher there is. I am excited to get my own classroom.

February
The main event this month was my birthday. I turned 24. My roommates and I had some friends over for cake and ice cream. I don't have any pictures but trust me it was great!! My mom came up a few weeks later when I didn't have school and just hung out with me and Connie. It was nice just to have a relaxing weekend.

March

Can you say SPRING BREAK??????????????????? Too bad it was spent working on lesson plans and a very large paper that would determine if I graduated or not.
I came home to work on it just to not have the distractions.
April
The highlight of this month would have to be turning in the very last college assignment ever!!! Only 90 pages later and a huge sigh of relief was it completed. I also completed my student teaching this month. I said goodbye to my students who were nice enough to give me a crate full of things to use in my own classroom
May
Well it finally happened, after six years, hard work, emotional break downs and life changes I did it!!! I walked across the stage and got my bachelors degree in Elementary Education. I am so grateful for everyone who came and who has supported me through this journey
These girls I had most of my education classes with


Connie and I at the arch on Campus. During my freshman year I walked through the arch into campus and then this spring right before graduation I marched through again the other way to show that I was graduating and ending my time at ISU.

Everyone who came and supported me at graduation:


After graduation I moved home with my parents. Can you say a big change. After not living at home for six years it's been a good change but I miss living on my own,, one day soon though

Also in May, I went up to Boise and my roommate Katie got married, It was great to see her and all of my previous roommates. After all that time in the car I was so ready to be done driving....

June
I spent all of June applying for any teaching job that I could find.. No such luck though I am still looking for a full time teaching job

July
Some how I was convinced or something like to to help my mom cook for 225 girls for stake girls camp.... I have never been so tired in my life and it took until the end of the month to recover I got to work with some amazing ladies including my mom but it was still fun to get to go to Girls Camp again




We brought Bella and Edward to camp and each day we had them saying different things the girls loved them


We did a fun skit one night

August
I got a job. I am working in second grade as a teacher's assistant. I love it ! The kids are so funny!!!
I come home with lots of funny stories each day
September/October

Nothing much happened in September and October. I did go hang out with Connie and Patrick and Christy one weekend... My car also decided to die then too but lucky me everything was under warranty so it was a cheap car repair
We went on a nature walk when I was there, I didn't plan on going on a nature walk so I was wearing flip flops it was a great hike!!!! I wouldn't suggest the whole flip flops if you are hiking



November
we had thanksgiving here and it was a blast!!

December
CHRISTMAS!!! I love this time of the year. I love the music, the lights and everything else!!! Christmas morning was just Mom, Dad , Adrianna and myself. It was great. I got a wireless router.... I can blog in the kitchen or the family room instead of in my bedroom connected by a cord. I also got a lap desk, and some socks, the movies White Christmas and Beauty and the Beast. I also got the Little people Nativity... over all a great year


I am looking forward to a great new year and hopefully I can keep up on my blog better

1 comment:

Fonzareli said...

YAY! I loved reading about your year. I have a feeling 2011 is gonna be a good one!
Love ya!